Organization : Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore
Post Name : Engineer /Senior Engineer (Tuas Port Reclamation)
Job Category : Permanent, Full-time
Salary : Entry level
Job Location : Singapore
What the role is
You will lead in the planning, design, supervision and project management of major land reclamation and port development projects. You will be involved in project planning, budgeting, drafting technical specifications, calling and award of consultancy/construction tenders, tracking progress of projects, and managing project expenditures. You will need to manage a team of Supervision Consultants undertaking the construction management, contract administration and site supervisory works.
What you will be working on
The key responsibilities include:
1. Undertake project planning, budgeting, draft tender specifications, call and award of consultancy/construction tenders
2. Lead in the project management and supervision of consultants undertaking the construction management, contract administration and site supervisory works
3. Track work progress and manage expenditures including progress claims and variation orders for the contracts.
4. Attend to technical matters and project issues on the Tuas Port construction.
5. Oversee the quantitative analyses of schedule tracking of the Contractor’s Programme of Works.
6. Attend to agency matters related to the Tuas Port project.
What we are looking for Requirements
1. Training in civil engineering is preferred.
2. Candidates with at least 5 years of experience in civil engineering design or project management or site supervision of infrastructure projects will have an advantage.
3. Well versed in the Public Sector Standard Conditions of Contract (PSSCOC) for construction works.
4. Good verbal and written communication skills.
5. Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
6. Good interpersonal and team management skills.
7. Registration with Professional Engineers Board Singapore is useful.